How To Play
The object of Gladiator Jackpot is to obtain winning symbol combinations by spinning the reels.
To play the game:
- A wagering denomination (coin value) can be chosen by clicking the Click to Change denomination button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Line bets are chosen by clicking Bet per Line. Each click adds a coin to the line bet. When the maximum amount is reached (10 coins of the selected wagering denomination), clicking the button again resets the line bet to one coin.
- Paylines are chosen by clicking Lines. Each click activates a payline. When all paylines are activated, clicking the button again resets it to one active payline. Paylines can also be activated by using the numbered buttons on either side of the reels. Selecting a high payline includes all the lower ones too. For example, selecting payline 6 also activates paylines 1 through 5. Clicking Bet Max activates all paylines with the maximum bet per line and spins the reels.
- Total bet per game round = line bet X active paylines.
- Clicking Spin spins the reels with the current selection of lines and line bets. During the reel spins the Spin button changes into Stop. Clicking Stop ends the spin animation and immediately displays the spin result.
- Reels can also be spun using the Auto Start function. Clicking + or – above Auto Start selects the successive number of spins to be enabled. Clicking Auto Start spins the reels. The Auto Start button changes into Stop during the Auto Start mode of reelspin. The Auto Start mode ends when the reels have been spun the number of times determined by the player, or when the player clicks Stop.
- Wins are calculated according to the paytable. Line win = line bet X corresponding multiplier according to the paytable. Scatter win = total bet X corresponding multiplier according to the paytable. The paytable can be accessed via the Info page.
- On a given payline, only the highest payline winning combination pays while simultaneous winnings on different paylines are accumulated.
- In case of a winning spin, the Win field displays the accumulating winnings. The Win ticker can be stopped by clicking anywhere on the screen to display the total win amount immediately.
- Payline wins and the total win are also displayed on the strip located at the bottom of the reels or the game window.
- A win activates the Gamble button which, when clicked, starts the Gamble feature. More information about the Gamble feature can be found below.
- Clicking Info opens the reference screen describing different game components. Clicking the arrow buttons at the lower right-hand corner of the screen enables navigating between the different info screens.
- The Paytable screen shows all winning combinations. When opened after a winning spin, the winning symbol combinations (number of symbols and bet multiplier) are highlighted and blink.
- The Coliseum Bonus screen describes the symbol combinations necessary to enter the Coliseum Bonus round and describes the Coliseum Bonus round rules.
- The Gladiator Jackpot Bonus screen describes the symbol combinations necessary to trigger the Gladiator Jackpot Bonus round and describes the Gladiator Jackpot Bonus round rules.
- The Gamble screen describes how to try doubling winnings by gambling with them and describes the doubling-up rules.
- Show Paylines can be clicked from the Paytable page to open a screen which illustrates all possible payline combinations. Clicking Hide Paylines closes this screen and returns to the Paytable page.
- Clicking Back exits the Info screen and returns to the game.
The Wild symbol in the games is the symbol. Wild symbols can appear only on reels 2, 3 and 4 and stand for any other symbol, except Scatter, to make the best possible winning combination. Wild symbols do not have a regular win, they only win when substituting.
If three Wild symbols appear simultaneously in any position on the reels 2, 3 and 4, the Gladiator Jackpot Bonus round is initiated.
The Scatter symbol in the game is the symbol. Scatter symbols do not have to occur on a particular payline – if there are two or more Scatter symbols in the spin results, an additional win is earned and added to payline winnings. The payout for the Scatter symbols is multiplied by the total bet.
If three or more Scatter symbols appear simultaneously on the reels, the Coliseum Bonus round is initiated.
Gladiator Jackpot Bonus
The Gladiator Jackpot Bonus is triggered when three Wild symbols appear simultaneously in any position on reels 2, 3 and 4 during main game or during Free Games. However, during Free Games, it is impossible to win the Jackpot, as explained below.
In the Gladiator Jackpot Bonus round, a centered window reveals 9 helmets in either gold, silver or bronze, all three with prize values a multiple of the total bet, of which gold wins most and bronze the least. The values of those 9 helmets are accumulated and make up the total Bonus prize. Collecting 9 golden helmets during main game wins the Gladiator Jackpot. Winning the Gladiator Jackpot wins only the Jackpot sum but doesn’t add the cash prize from the 9 golden helmets to the Bonus win.
If you play the Gladiator Jackpot Bonus during Free Games, it is impossible to collect 9 golden helmets and win the Jackpot.
The Coliseum Bonus round
The Coliseum Bonus round is triggered when three or more Scatter symbols appear in any position on the reels. To start the bonus round, click Start.
The Coliseum Bonus round includes a grid of four rows and five columns. Starting from the bottom row, the player picks one stone at a time from the rows to win a prize.
Stones picked from the first row determine the number of free games.
Stones picked from the second row reveal the win multiplier to be used during the free games.
Stones picked from the third row reveal an Extra Scatter symbol to be used during the free games.
Stones picked from the fourth row reveal an Extra Wild symbol to be used during the free games.
Extra Wild can be one of the five theme symbols (characters from the movie Gladiator) only.
Extra Scatter can be one of the theme symbols except and or one of the royals symbols (A, K, Q, J, 10, 9).
Extra Wild and Extra Scatter appear just as the original symbol but act as Wild or Scatter symbol respectively.
When a stone is picked, one of the following occurs:
- The next pick is made from the row above.
- An extra pick is given in the currently active row (applies only for the first and second row).
- The whole column is automatically opened.
- The selected stone reveals a Collect item – the bonus round ends and the Free Games start.
The win multiplier applies to all line wins and Scatter and Extra Scatter wins during the Free Games.
During the Free Games, the reels are spun automatically using the same number of lines and bets per line as on the spin that won the Coliseum Bonus. After each spin, the win is displayed in the Win field. The Free Games Win field shows the accumulated winnings from the current Free Games.
After all Free Games have been completed, a result board summarizes the winnings. Game win shows the winnings that were received from the spin that won the free games. Feature win shows the winnings that were received from the free spins. Total win shows the aggregate winnings (Game Win and Feature Win added up).
Clicking Continue will return you to the main game.
During the Free Games, the Coliseum Bonus round can not be retriggered. However, if appears on reel 3 during the Free Games, 3 extra Free Games are added to the remaining ones. The win multiplier, Extra Wild and Extra Scatter symbols do not change.
During the Free Games, the Gladiator Bonus round can occur. Note that Extra Wild does not substitute the Wild symbol towards the Gladiator Bonus round. In addition, the Free Games win multiplier does not apply on the Gladiator Bonus round prizes.
During the Free Games, the Wild and Extra Wild substitute for all symbols, except Scatter and Extra Scatter. Wild also substitutes for the Extra Wild theme symbol. Note that Extra Wild can still win according to the payout of the original symbol when the symbols appear on an active payline. This is paid out if the win amount from the Extra Wild is larger than the win from the regular symbol (by Extra Wild standing in).
The Extra Scatter symbols do not have to occur on a particular payline – if there are three or more Extra Scatter symbols in the Free Game results, an additional win is earned and added to payline winnings. The Extra Scatter wins according to the payout of the original symbol, but the payout is multiplied by the total bet.
A win activates the Gamble button which, when clicked, starts the Gamble feature where you can bet the winnings from your last spin to try and increase them.
Your current winnings are shown in the Bank field. You can choose to bet these winnings to double them by clicking Red or Black button. Double To shows the amount that will be placed in the Bank, if you win.
If you do not want to bet, you can click Collect to add the winnings from the last spin to your balance and return to the main game. If you choose to bet, you have to guess whether the next card that is going to be revealed is red or black. If your guess is correct, you win. If your guess is wrong, you lose your bet and the Gamble feature ends.
With every win, you can bet again until the winnings in the Bank are equal to or greater than the Gamble feature limit. The limit is shown on the Info page that describes the Gamble feature.
Click Collect to add your winnings to your balance and return to the main game.
Please note: The Gamble button is disabled during free spins and while the Auto Start is active.
Open the reference screen that describes the different game components.
|Auto Start / Stop||
Spin the reels a number of times in succession. / End the active Auto Start reelspin mode.
+ and – buttons
Increase or decrease the number of successive spins made with Auto Start.
Activate one more payline.
Bet Per Line
Add a coin to the line bet.
Activate all paylines with the maximum line bet, and spin the reels.
|Spin / Stop||
Spin the reels. / Stop the reelspin animation and immediately display the spin result. In the active Auto Start mode stop the reelspin animation and immediately display the result. Clicking Stop in the active Auto Start mode does not end the Auto Start reelspin mode.
Gamble the winnings in an attempt to increase the winnings from the spin.
If you wish, you can press the following keys on your keyboard instead of clicking on the buttons on the screen.
Press this key
To do this
Highlight the next button on the screen.
Select the button that is currently highlighted (equal to clicking on it)
Spin the reels with the currently set bet.
Note on disconnections: If you are disconnected from the Internet in the middle of the main game, the spin will be automatically completed. To continue the game from the point where it was broken, log in again into the casino and you will be automatically directed back to the game. If you re-open the game without re-logging into the casino, the game will start from the very beginning. In both cases, your previous wins will be paid. You can click the History button to see the outcome of your previous round after you log back into the casino.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during the Coliseum Bonus round, while making a regular pick, the Bonus will continue from the next pick. If the game was discontinued upon a ‘Collect’ pick that terminates the Bonus, the game will automatically start with the Free Games round.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during Free Games, the game will start from the next Free Games spin upon resume.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during the Gladiator Jackpot Bonus round in main game, the game is resumed from the final Bonus win screen and your previous Bonus wins will be paid. If you are disconnected from the Internet during the Gladiator Jackpot Bonus round played in Free Games, the game will resume from the next Free Games spin but your previous Bonus wins will be paid.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during a spin using the Auto Start function, the spin will be automatically completed, but further spins will not automatically commence. You can click the History button to see the outcome of your previous round after you log back into the casino.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during a gamble round, the winnings will be collected and added to the balance. You can click the History button to see the outcome of your previous round after you log back to the casino.
Note on malfunctions: A malfunction voids all pays and plays.