How to Play
Monty Python’s Spamalot
The objective of Monty Python’s Spamalot is to obtain winning symbol combinations by spinning the reels.
To play the game:
- Line bets are chosen by clicking + and – below Line Bet to increase or decrease the amount.
- Paylines can be activated and their shape displayed by progressively clicking + and – below Lines. Paylines can also be activated by using the numbered buttons on either side of the reels. Selecting a high payline includes all the lower ones too. For example, selecting payline 6 also activates paylines 1 through 5. Clicking Bet Max activates all paylines with the currently selected bet per line and spins the reels.
- Total bet per game round = line bet X active paylines.
- Clicking Spin spins the reels with the current selection of lines and line bets. During the reel spins the Spin button changes into Stop. Clicking Stop ends the spin animation and immediately displays the spin result.
- Reels can also be spun using the Auto Play function. Mouse over the Auto Play button to display the list of options. Select the number of spins to be played automatically or choose ‘Until Feature’ to spin until a Bonus or the Free Games round is triggered. Clicking on an option starts the Auto Play function. The Auto Play button changes into Stop during the Auto Play mode. The Auto Play mode ends when the reels have been spun the number of times determined by the player, or when a Bonus is triggered if you chose ‘Until Feature’, or when you click Stop.
- Wins are calculated according to the paytable. Line win = line bet X corresponding multiplier according to the paytable. Scatter win = total bet X corresponding multiplier according to the paytable. The paytable can be accessed via the Info page.
- On a given payline, only the highest payline winning combination pays while simultaneous winnings on different paylines are accumulated.
- In case of a winning spin, the Win field displays the accumulating winnings. The Win ticker can be stopped by clicking anywhere on the screen to display the total win amount immediately.
- Winning symbol combinations can be formed only on adjacent reels starting from left to right. If a symbol has a winning combination on more than one reel, the winnings are added up.
- Payline wins and the total win are also displayed on the strip located at the bottom of the reels or the game window.
- Clicking Info opens the reference screen describing different game components. Clicking the arrow buttons at the lower right-hand corner of the screen enables navigating between the different info screens.
- The Paytable screen shows all winning combinations. When opened after a winning spin, the winning symbol combinations (number of symbols and bet multiplier) are highlighted and blink.
- The Free Games screen describes the symbol combinations necessary to enter the Free Games feature and describes the Free Games feature rules.
- The Bonus Games screen describes the symbol combinations necessary to enter any of the 4 Bonus games and the order of their appearance.
- The Storm the Castle Bonus screen describes the rules of the Storm the Castle Bonus game.
- The None Shall Pass Bonus screen explains how to play and win in the None Shall Pass Bonus game.
- The Knights Who Say Ni Bonus screen describes the rules of this Bonus game.
- The Killer Rabbit Bonus screen describes how this Bonus game is played.
- The Holy Grail Jackpot Game screen explains how this feature is triggered and how it is played.
- The Paylines screen illustrates all possible paylines and explains the rules for calculating their wins.
- Clicking Back exits the Info screen and returns to the game.
The Wild symbol can stand for any other symbol, except Scatter, Bonus and the Jackpot Game symbol to make the best possible winning combination.
There is also a separate payout for two or more Wild symbols on an active payline, as seen in the Paytable. This is paid out instead of the regular symbol win if the win amount from Wilds is larger than the win from the regular symbols (by Wild standing in).
The Scatter symbols do not have to occur on any particular payline. If there are three or more Scatters in any position in the spin results during main game, the payout earned is multiplied by the total bet and added to payline winnings.
If three or more Scatter symbols appear in any position on the reels simultaneously during main game, the Free Games feature is triggered. Scatter symbols do not appear during Free Games.
The Bonus symbols appear only on reels 1 and 5 during main game. If Bonus symbols appear anywhere on reels 1 and 5 simultaneously after a main game spin, one of the four Bonus games is triggered, in the following order: Storm the Castle, None Shall Pass, Knights Who Say Ni and Killer Rabbit. Once a Bonus game finishes, main game mode resumes. When the last of the four Bonuses has been played - the Killer Rabbit Bonus - the cycle starts again in the same order from the first one – the Storm the Castle Bonus. Bonus games cannot be triggered during Free Games.
Jackpot Game symbol
The Jackpot Game symbol appears only on reel 3 during Free Games. Five Jackpot Game symbols collected win entry to the Holy Grail Jackpot Game where the player has a chance to win the Holy Grail Jackpot. Even if a random Wild replaces it, the Jackpot Game symbol is counted.
Three or more Scatters in any position on the reels simultaneously during the main game trigger 10 Free Games with Random Wilds.
More Free Games cannot be retriggered.
Bonus games cannot be triggered during Free Games.
To start the Free Games, click on Click to Start. A message appears saying that a Free Games round follows and that a Jackpot Game symbol is added to the reels. After a short while the Free Games begin automatically.
During Free Games, the reels are spun automatically using the same number of lines and bets per line as on the spin that won the Free Games. After each spin, the Jackpot Game symbols are collected and up to 5 Random Wilds are distributed on the reels. Random Wilds may cover regular Wilds. If the player has collected 5 Jackpot Game symbols during the Free Games round, then the Holy Grail Jackpot Game is triggered afterwards. Jackpot symbol is found only on reel #3 in free games. Even if a random wild replaces it, the jackpot symbol is counted.
During the Free Games, the reels are spun automatically using the same number of lines and bets per line as on the spin that won the Free Games. After each spin, the win is displayed in the Win field. The Free Games Win field shows the accumulated winnings from the current Free Games.
After all Free Games have been completed, a result board summarizes the winnings. Game win shows the winnings that were received from the spin that won the free games. Feature win shows the winnings that were received from the free spins. Total win shows the aggregate winnings (Game Win and Feature Win added up).
Clicking Continue will return you to the main game. When returning to the main game, clicking anywhere on the screen stops the win ticker and displays the full prize. Free Game wins are added to the payline and Scatter wins.
Free Games are played without Scatter and Bonus symbols.
If Free Games are triggered during the Auto Play mode, the feature begins after the player clicks on Click to Start. Five Jackpot Game symbols, won during Free Games, trigger the Holy Grail Jackpot Game. More information about the Holy Grail Jackpot Game can be found below. When all Free Games have been played and the player clicks Continue on the screen summarizing the Free Games win, the Auto Play mode resumes. When returning to the main game, clicking anywhere on the screen stops the win ticker and displays the full prize.
Holy Grail Jackpot Game
Five Jackpot Game symbols, won during Free Games, trigger the Holy Grail Jackpot Game. The feature begins automatically after a short pause, or earlier if the player clicks on Click to Start.
At the beginning the player is at the bottom of a hill and has to choose one out of seven hens by clicking on it. If the hen chosen has resulted in a cash prize, the player moves on to the second line of six rabbits. One of them has to be chosen by the player by clicking on it. If the chosen item is a cash winning item, the player continues to the next level. If the item has not won a cash prize, a foot with the caption “collect” will come down and terminate the bonus game. The bonus win summary screen will appear and the player can then click Continue to return to the main game.
In case the player reaches the sixth and last level and makes the correct pick, either the Holy Grail Jackpot or the Slightly Less Holy Grail Jackpot is won. The win summary screen is displayed and by clicking Continue the player returns to the main game. Note: The higher the bet, the greater the chances of winning one of the jackpots in the jackpot game.
Storm the Castle Bonus
To start the Storm the Castle Bonus, click on Click to Start.
In the Storm the Castle bonus round, four knights stand in a group next to a castle. The player has to choose one out of six spots by clicking on it, where to place the knights and escape being hit by a cow shot from the castle after the placement. If the cow has missed the spot where the knights are positioned, the player gets a cash prize. Then another round starts and is repeated until the cow lands on the spot with the knights. Then the player gets no cash reward for the last round and the bonus feature ends.
At the end of the Bonus game, a win screen displays your winnings. Game win shows the winnings that were received from the main game or free game spin that won the Bonus. Feature win shows the winnings that were received during the Bonus. Total Win shows the accumulated winnings (Game Win and Feature Win added up). If no winnings were received during the spin that won the Bonus, then only the Total Win field will be shown.
Click Continue to return to the main game.
None Shall Pass Bonus
To start the None Shall Pass Bonus, click on Click to Start.
The Bonus starts with an initial multiplier of x5. The player has to attack the Black Knight by clicking Attack. Every time the player succeeds in cutting off a limb, a cash prize is won. Each time the player misses, the multiplier positioned on the left side of the screen goes down by one level. After the fourth strike the Bonus feature ends and the accumulated cash prize is multiplied by the final multiplier to form the total win of the bonus.
For more information about bonus exit flow, click here.
Knights Who Say Ni Bonus
To start the Knights Who Say Ni Bonus, click on Click to Start.
The player encounters five knights who are in demand of shrubbery. Clicking Continue shows a scene with three houses. The player has to choose a house by clicking on it. He is then automatically returned to the screen with the knights and the cash value of the shrubbery is displayed. The player has to decide whether to keep the shrubbery and take the prize as a Bonus reward, or to choose another shrubbery by clicking on Keep it or Change.
Clicking on Keep it ends the bonus round. The cash reward is added up to the current balance. Clicking Continue resumes the main game.
Clicking on Change returns the player to the screen with the remaining two houses. The player is given the opportunity to choose between keeping the shrubbery cash prize one more time after having chosen the second house. If the player chooses to continue on to the final round for a chance to pick again, that pick is final. The cash prize of that shrubbery is collected as a bonus win.
For more information about bonus exit flow, click here.
Killer Rabbit Bonus
To start the Killer Rabbit Bonus, click on Click to Start.
The player has to pick a rock by clicking on it. Then the first knight throws a grenade at the chosen rock in an attempt to kill the Killer Rabbit. If the rabbit is killed, then all remaining knights pass, each of them winning a cash prize for the player. If the rabbit stays alive, then the knight is killed and the player has to choose another rock. Each knight that is killed decreases the amount of the total cash prize remaining. The round is repeated until the Killer Rabbit is killed and the Total Win is shown. Clicking Continue resumes the main game.
For more information about bonus exit flow, click here.
If a Bonus is triggered during the Auto Play mode, the feature begins after the player clicks on Click to Start. When the Bonus round is over and the player clicks Continue on the screen summarizing the bonus win, the Auto Play mode resumes (unless it was activated using “until feature” option). When returning to the reels, clicking anywhere on the screen stops the win ticker and displays the full prize.
Open the reference screen that describes the different game components.
Lines + and – buttons
Increase or decrease the number of active paylines.
Line Bet + and – buttons
Increase or decrease the bet per line.
Activate all paylines with the current line bet, and spin the reels.
Auto Play/ Stop
Spin the reels a number of times in succession. / End the active Auto Start reelspin mode.
|Spin / Stop||
Spin the reels. / Stop the reelspin animation and immediately display the spin result. In the active Auto Start mode stop the reelspin animation and immediately display the result. Clicking Stop in the active Auto Start mode does not end the Auto Start reelspin mode.
The lower edge of the game window holds the casino toolbar. It contains the following:
- Current balance
Your account balance. This is the money you can use to play the casino games.
Clicking this button opens the Deposit window, where you can make deposits.
- Play for Real Money
This button appears only in Fun or Offline Mode. Clicking it will take you to the Real Money account creation page. If you already have a Real Money account, it will take you to the Play for Real Money login screen.
Some popular functions are united under the Menu.
Clicking History (unavailable in Offline mode) will open the game history window, where you can see the details of recent game rounds.
Options allows you to change audio quality and various gameplay settings, and Help opens the help article that you are reading right now.
Clicking this button closes the game window and takes you back to the Lobby.
If you wish, you can press the following keys on your keyboard instead of clicking on the buttons on the screen.
Press this key
To do this
Highlight the next button on the screen.
Select the button that is currently highlighted (equal to clicking on it)
Spin the reels with the currently set bet.
Exit the game (applicable only for the download version of the game).
Note on disconnections: If you are disconnected from the Internet in the middle of the main game, the spin will be automatically completed. To continue the game from the point where it was broken, log in again into the casino and you will be automatically directed back to the game. If you re-open the game without re-logging into the casino, the game will start from the very beginning. In both cases, your previous wins will be paid. You can click the History button to see the outcome of your previous round after you log back into the casino.
Note on malfunctions: A malfunction voids all pays and plays.