How to Play
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
5-Reel 50-line Slots
The objective of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is to obtain winning symbol combinations by spinning the reels.
To play the game:
- A wagering denomination (coin value) can be chosen by clicking the Click to Change denomination button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Line bets are chosen by clicking Bet per Line. Each click adds a coin to the line bet. When the maximum amount is reached (10 coins of the selected wagering denomination), clicking the button again resets the line bet to one coin.
- Paylines are chosen by clicking Lines. Each click activates a payline. When all paylines are activated, clicking the button again resets it to one active payline. Paylines can also be activated by using the numbered buttons on either side of the reels. Selecting a high payline includes all the lower ones too. For example, selecting payline 6 also activates paylines 1 through 5. Clicking Bet Max activates all paylines with the currently selected bet per line and spins the reels.
- Total bet per game round = line bet X active paylines.
- Clicking Spin spins the reels with the current selection of lines and line bets. During the reel spins the Spin button changes into Stop. Clicking Stop ends the spin animation and immediately displays the spin result.
- Wins are calculated according to the paytable. Your line win will equal your line bet multiplied by the corresponding value according to the paytable. The paytable can be accessed via the Info page, on the Payouts screen.
- On a given payline, only the highest payline winning combination pays while simultaneous winnings on different paylines are accumulated.
- In case of a winning spin, the Win field displays the accumulating winnings. The Win ticker can be stopped by clicking anywhere on the screen to display the total win amount immediately.
- Clicking Info opens the reference screen describing different game components. Clicking the arrow buttons at the lower right-hand corner of the screen enables navigating between the different info screens.
- The Paytable screen shows all winning combinations. When opened after a winning spin, the winning symbol combinations (number of symbols and bet multiplier) are highlighted and blink.
- The Bonus screen describes the necessary combination of symbols to enter the bonus round and describes the bonus round rules.
- Show Paylines can be clicked from the Paytable page to open a screen which illustrates all possible payline combinations. Clicking Hide Paylines closes this screen and returns to thePaytable page.
- Clicking Back exits the Info screen and returns to the game.
- Active paylines are represented by lines that appear over the reels. Paylines can be activated and their shape displayed by progressively clicking Lines arrow buttons. Paylines can be activated and their shape displayed by progressively clicking Lines.
- Only active paylines can register wins.
- There is a difference between the line bet and the total bet. The line bet shows how much is being bet on a single payline. The total bet shows how much is being bet in total on the game round. Payouts shown in the paytable are multiplied by the line bet.
- If a symbol has a winning combination on more than one reel, the winnings are added up.
- Winning combinations must start from the leftmost reel, and the symbols have to be on consecutive reels.
- If two payline winning combinations occur on the same line, the higher of them is paid out. If more than one active payline has a winning combination, the winnings are accumulated.
- Winning combinations must start from the left most reel, and the symbols have to be consecutive.
Maximum Win Limit
The maximum win in the game has an upper limit. For more information, see the Terms and Conditions section.
- Click on the Auto Play button to open the Autoplay selection screen.
- You can choose to place several bets automatically, one after the other.
- To start an Auto Play session, you must first set several parameters:
- The number of Auto Play spins.
- A maximum overall loss limit. When this figure has been bet and lost in an Auto Play session, the session will end.
- A single win limit. When an Auto Play spin awards a win that is equal to or higher than this limit, the Auto Play session will end.
- When these parameters have been set, click on "CONFIRM" to start the Auto Play session. You can also click on the "EXIT" button to close the Auto Play selection screen.
- You can stop automatic spins from continuing on to the next spin by clicking on the "STOP AUTO PLAY" button.
- Automatic spins will stop if any of the following conditions are met:
- A feature is triggered.
- There are insufficient funds for the next spin.
- The maximum overall loss limit is reached.
- The single win limit is reached.
The Wild symbol can stand for any symbol other than the Free Spins Scatter symbol, the Jackpot Ladder Scatter symbol, or the Prize Pick Scatter symbol, to make the best possible winning combination.
There is also a separate payout for 2 or more Wild symbols on an active payline, as seen in the paytable. This is paid out instead of the regular symbol win if the win amount from Wilds is larger than the win from the regular symbols (by Wild standing in).
The game features 3 Scatter symbols:
Prize Pick Scatter symbol
3 or more on an active payline trigger the Prize Pick In-Reel Bonus, as explained here.
Jackpot Ladder Scatter symbol
3 or more on an active payline trigger the Progressive Jackpot Ladder Bonus round, as explained here.
Free Spins Scatter symbol
3 or more on an active payline trigger the Free Spins with Shifting Wilds, as explained here.
Note: Scatter symbols have no payout of their own.
Whenever 3 or more symbols appear on an active payline during the main game, the Prize Pick In-Reels Bonus is triggered.
During the bonus round the symbols that won the feature turn into virtual answers and you have to pick one by clicking on the desired symbol to get a cash prize of up to 1,000 times your total bet. The greater the number of symbols that won the feature, the higher the cash prizes awarded. Once you have made your choice and the cash prize has been added to your balance, click Spin to continue the game.
Note: The Prize Pick In-Reel Bonus is available during the main game only.
Whenever 3 or more Jackpot Ladder symbols appear on an active payline during main game, the Jackpot Ladder Bonus is triggered.
The slots will be removed to reveal an image of the “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” TV studio. At the right of the screen is the Jackpot ladder, with the cash values displayed on each of its rungs. The rung you are currently on will be illuminated in orange.
Press Play to “answer the question” at the bottom of the screen. This will randomly select one of the answers, with the following possible results:
- Advance -> You will be taken one rung up the ladder.
- Advance X -> You will be taken up the ladder as many rungs as the number shown. For example, if you are awarded Advance 2, you will move up 2 rungs.
- Collect -> The bonus round will end awarding the prize you last landed on.
- Mystery -> You will be awarded a random answer.
The number of Jackpot Ladder symbols that triggered the bonus round determine the number of the free advances you are awarded during the Bonus:
- 3 x Jackpot Ladder symbols -> 3 x free advance
- 4 x Jackpot Ladder symbols -> 4 x free advance
- 5 x Jackpot Ladder symbols -> 5 x free advance
The rungs that are randomly picked for free advances will be displayed in white on the ladder. Whenever you reach any of them, you will be taken up an extra rung along the ladder.
During the Jackpot Ladder Bonus and while an answer is to be picked for you, you can also use the lifelines shown on your left:
- 50:50 -> Removes 2 of the answers.
- Ask Audience -> Gives a virtual answer to a question on behalf of the ‘audience’.
- Phone-a-friend -> Provides an answer to the question on behalf of a virtual friend.
The Bonus round will end once you win the Progressive Jackpot or when the Collect option has been selected. Click Continue to return to the main game.
Note: The Jackpot Ladder Bonus is available during the main game only.
The Jackpot in the game is progressive that is accumulated by all Casinos offering the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire game. A small percentage of each bet is added to a common pot. The greater part of this contribution is used to form the progressive jackpot amount, and the other, smaller part, contributes to a seed, which is the minimum amount of money guaranteed to be won by players of the game.
The Progressive Jackpot works as follows:
Seed (how much money the Progressive Jackpot starts with):
EUR 5,000 (or its equivalent in other currencies)
Average contribution rate (what average percentage of each bet goes into the Progressive Jackpot):
Win condition (the result you have to get to win the Progressive Jackpot):
Answer all questions during the Jackpot Ladder Bonus.
Win requirements (what you need to do to qualify for the Progressive Jackpot):
Play the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire game.
Note: In case 2 players win the Progressive Jackpot at the same time, the 1st player will be awarded the seed and the progressive part, and the 2nd one will win the seed together with any possibly accumulated progressive part for the time between the winning of the Progressive Jackpot by the 1st and the 2nd player.
If the Jackpot is being discontinued (the game is closed and removed from the Casino), you will be notified about it by the Casino.
Whenever 3 or more Free Spins symbols appear on an active payline during main game, the Free Spins with Shifting Wilds are triggered.
The number of Free Spins symbols that won the feature determine the number of the Free Spins awarded:
- 3 x Free Spins symbols -> 10 Free Spins
- 4 x Free Spins symbols -> 15 Free Spins
- 5 x Free Spins symbols -> 20 Free Spins
Click Start for the Free Spins to begin.
During the Free Spins that follow, Free Spins symbols turns into a timer symbol displaying the number of the reel it occupies. As a result, the symbol sticks to its position until the reels spin, at which point it shifts into the same slot on the reel to its immediate left. Once it reaches the 1st and leftmost reel, it disappears during the next free spin. These symbols act as Wilds and can stand for any other symbols during the feature since neither Scatters, nor regular Wilds appear during the free spins.
During the Free Spins the reels are spun automatically using the same number of lines and bets per line as on the spin that won the feature. After each spin, the win is displayed in the Win field. The Free Spins Total field shows the accumulated winnings from all free spins played so far. The number of free spins left is shown in the Free Spins Remaining box.
Click OK to return to the main game reels.
Note: The Free Spins round cannot be retriggered.
Return to Player
The theoretical percentage return to player (RTP) is 91.00%.
Click to Change
Select a coin size or wagering denomination.
Open the reference screen that describes the different game components.
|Auto Start / Stop||
Spin the reels a number of times in succession. / End the active Auto Start reelspin mode.
+ and – buttons
Increase or decrease the number of successive spins made with Auto Start.
Activate one more payline or reset.
|Spin / Stop||
Spin the reels. / Stop the reelspin animation and immediately display the spin result. In the active Auto Start mode stop the reelspin animation and immediately display the result. Clicking Stop in the active Auto Start mode does not end the Auto Start reelspin mode.
The lower and upper edges of the game window hold the casino toolbars. These toolbars contain a number of menus and buttons that allow you to change client settings or take advantage of the various features available in the casino client.
The bottom toolbar contains the following:
Your game window balance. This is the total money which you can use to play the current casino game, consisting of your Real Money balance as well as all the bonuses available for this game. Read more about the display of game-specific bonuses here.
Clicking this button opens the Cashier window, where you can make deposits and withdrawals, see your transaction history, etc.
|Play for Real Money||
This button appears only in Fun and Anonymous modes. Clicking it will take you to the Real Money account creation page. If you already have a Real Money account, it will take you to the Play for Real Money login screen.
This icon is displayed only in games in which you have bonus Free Spins available. Clicking this icon opens the Free Spins Bonus Panel. Read more about the display of game-specific bonuses here.
This icon is displayed only in games in which you have the Golden Chip bonus available. Clicking this icon opens the Golden Chip menu. Read more about the display of game-specific bonuses here.
The top toolbar contains the following:
Next to this icon is the quick launch menu. Mouse over any category to see the available games in that category. Click on any game to launch that game.
Game Master is a feature that enables you to find your next game adventure! It contains various game categories from which you can choose games to play.
To open the Game Master window, click on the GamesMaster symbol. If the Game Master promotion banner is displayed, click on the banner to open the Game Master window.
If a category contains more games than can be displayed at once, arrow buttons will appear when you hover over the category. Click on the arrow buttons to navigate through the games.
When you have found your desired game, click on the appropriate game icon to start the game.
Click the ‘X’ icon to exit the Game Master window.
Clicking this button will disable/enable sound effects.
Mouse over this icon to open the Tools menu. The menu contains the following:
Clicking this button changes the game to full screen.
Clicking this button closes the game window.
If multigame view is enabled for this game the top toolbar also contains the following buttons:
Clicking this button opens the 2-game view.
Clicking this button opens the 4-game view.
Clicking this button closes the multigame view and takes you back to the regular view.
Please note that it is not possible to open more than one copy of the same game in multigame view. Shortcut keys are disabled in multigame view.
The Gadget opening bar is displayed on the right side of the game window when at least one gadget is enabled. Clicking on the opening bar opens the Gadget bar menu. The Gadget bar can contain mini games and various special offers. Only one gadget can be opened at a time. Clicking on another Gadget closes the previous one.
Note on disconnections:
- If you are disconnected from the Internet in the middle of the game, you will be automatically directed back to the game after you log back into the casino and the latest spin will be replayed.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during the Free Spins feature, the spin will be automatically completed and you will be automatically directed back to the game after you log back into the casino. The current set of Wilds will be restored upon resume. In case of a winning spin, the winning paylines and the amount you have won will be displayed.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during the Free Spins triggering spin, you will be automatically directed to the beginning of the free spins round after you log back into the casino.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during the last free spin of a Free Spins round, the spin will be automatically completed and you will be automatically directed to the main game after you log back into the casino. The overall amount you have won during the free spins will be displayed in the Win field in the main game.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during a bonus round or the triggering spin, you will be automatically directed to the bonus game after you log back into the casino.
Note on malfunctions: A malfunction voids all pays and plays.
Note on unresolved bets: Unresolved bets placed become void after 90 days.